7SS – Unit 3 – North Africa and Middle East – Study Guide
1. What is the world’s longest river?
2. What is the world’s largest desert?
3. How are population patterns in North Africa and Middle East affected by the environment?
4. What large cities in the region are located near or on bodies of water? (name 3)
5.What two early civilizations originate in North Africa and Middle East?
6. What are the three major religions that originated in the region?
7. How do the people of North Africa and Middle East spend their leisure time? (Name 2)
Possible Essay Questions
1. How do the region’s resources affect North Africa and Southwest Asia’s position in the world? (3 Points)
2. What natural land features affect the movement of people in North Africa? (3 Points)
3. What technology has contributed to the concentration of people in the Nile River valley?
4. Why do most of the people in North Africa and Middle East live in areas near water? (3 Points)
5. What might have been the future of the nations in North Africa and Middle East if there had not been the discovery of oil? (3 Points)
6. Why did early civilizations develop in the Tigris-Euphrates and Nile river valleys? (2 Points)